Award-winning care and satisfaction. They’re what make Centra the provider of choice.
Centra attracts some of the most highly skilled physicians from the finest medical schools and training programs in the country. To support such a highly skilled, diverse population, Centra provides a number of programs and services that foster a better sense of community and participation among our physicians.
Lynchburg Academy of Medicine – recognized as the leading local society in the state of Virginia, the Lynchburg Academy of Medicine (LAM) promotes fellowship, mutual understanding and leadership within the medical community.
Continuing Medical Education – Centra fund a broad range of free Continuing Medical Education offerings, including grand rounds, specialty reviews and technology demonstrations.
Centra Medical Group – as an integrated health care system comprised of hospitals, physicians and extended care facilities, Centra offers you the change to meet and collaborate with colleagues that share your common interests regardless of your specialty.
Centra is committed to developing better working relationships and improving communication between our hospital staff, specialists and primary care physicians.By providing the means and support you need for better continuity of care, our programs and services also result in better outcomes for your patients.
At Centra, our physicians, nurses and staff take great pride in the many awards and accolades that Centra has received – a testament to our outstanding quality of care, safety and health system innovations. Centra’s quality of care ranks in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide, according to results published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Hospital Compare initiative. We also rank as one of the top heart hospitals and hold one of the highest ratings in the country for cardiac surgery by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Forbes Safest Hospitals in America: Forbes magazine named Centra as one of the safest hospital in country, ranking in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for low complication and mortality rates.
- Premier CareScience Award: Fewer than 50 health care organizations nationwide receive this award for superior quality, efficiency and process of care. Centra was the only health system in Virginia to receive this recognition.
- Magnet Nursing Award: Centra is one of 289 U.S. hospitals that have been awarded this highest recognition for excellence in nursing, an award Centra has held since 2005.
- 100 Most Wired Hospitals: Recognized as one of the 100 Most Wired Hospitals in the country for delivering excellent patient care Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
At Centra, our mission is to provide Excellent Care…Every Time. With more than 5,200 health care professionals working together, Centra is dedicated to improving your ability to care for patients and exceeding their expectations.
Centra provides a full spectrum of medical services, including cardiovascular, cancer, surgical, emergency, neurosciences, orthopaedics, family practice, women and children’s, mental health, rehabilitation and senior services.
The Centra Stroobants Heart Center – Centra offers comprehensive cardiovascular services, from cardiovascular surgery and heart attack care, to community education, screenings and outreach.
- Diagnostic and treatment options include electrophysiology, carotid stenting, high-speed 64-slice CT scanning for CT angiography and calcium scoring, and nuclear stress testing.
- Centra’s cardiac catheterization suite contains two procedure laboratories with digital X-ray technology for enhanced image quality and file storage.
The Centra Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center Centra’s 75,000 square-foot cancer center is designed for the specific needs of cancer patients and their families. The facility brings together many services and professionals in one convenient location.
- Radiation therapy technologies include the Varian Trilogy System and 21EX, the world’s most powerful medical inear accelerators.
- A state-of-the-art oncology pharmacy prepares chemotherapy treatments using current safety recommendations.
Surgical Services – Centra operating room include several new technologies including the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System and state-of-the-art equipment for laparoscopic procedures, videography, and voice activation and automation.
Emergency Services – Centra has provided 11 defirillators with pre-hospital 12-lead electrocardiogram capabilities to ambulances in central Virginia.
Centra’s Picture Archiving Communication System – The Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) provides physicians with fast access to patient medical imaging files which are stored digitally for instant access.
To learn more about Centra’s facilities, click here.